No products in the cart.
- Jim recently completed a successful run conducting his young-audience piece – Compose Yourself! – for over 3,000 children. He was a guest conductor with the Racine Symphony and Lake Forest Symphony for these five special concerts. The work will also travel to the Yakima Symphony and Atlanta Symphony in May for several more performances.
- Jim travels to Minneapolis April 1 for the premiere of his new bassoon concerto entitled “Dialogue of Self and Soul” (after Yeats). The soloist is Norbert Nielubowski, bassoonist from the Minnesota Orchestra, and will be performed under the baton of Craig Kirchhoff with the University of Minnesota Wind Ensemble. A second performance is scheduled at the University of Illinois on May 7, with Tim McGovern and the U of I winds (Linda Moorhouse conducts).
- Jim has been commissioned to write an oboe sonata for a graduating Juilliard oboe player. The piece was commissioned by the student’s parents as a special gift to celebrate her success.
- Jim’s very popular and meaningful “The Storyteller” (composed in memory of Adolph “Bud” Herseth) will be performed at the esteemed Montreal Chamber Music Festival on May 17. The soloist will be international trumpet soloist, Jens Lindemann.
- Jim’s new trio – “Vast and Curious” – for french horn, tuba and piano will receive its debut May 22 at the tuba and euphonium conference (ITEC) to be held at IU in Bloomington. Soloists will be Gail Williams, Steven Campbell and Kay Kim.
- Jim has been commissioned by Joseph Nibley to compose a 2nd trumpet sonata. 13 years after the first, this is very exciting news!
- A new concerto for trumpet, tuba and winds is scheduled for the SIBF (Sydney, Australia) festival to be premiered by Rex Richardson and Steve Rosse in July.
- The Devil’s Tale (sequel to Stravinsky’s “L’histoire du soldat”) will receive its fully-staged debut at Ravinia on August 5, 2014. Chicago Pro Musica, led by CSO clarinetist John Yeh, will perform, under the stage-direction of Hershey Felder.