No products in the cart.
- Concerto for bass trombone and orchestra "The Arch" with St. Louis Symphony. David Robertson, conductor; Gerry Pagano, soloist.
- Cantata based on "In Flanders Fields" (John McCrae) - for premiere performance in November to be conducted by Roï Azoulay at Congregation Shaar Hashomayim - also including wonderful friend/tenor Gideon Zelermyer.
- Fanfare commissioned by the Montreal Symphony Orchestra (Spring 2017)
- Concerto for low brass section and orchestra with The Minnesota Orchestra. Osmo Vänskä, conductor; Doug Wright, Kari Sundström, Andrew Chappell, Steven Campbell, soloists
Songs of Remembrance - for horn and piano Gail Williams, french horn. premiere date: June 16, Ithaca NY Commissioned by Gail, and a consortium of six french horn players
Piccolo trumpet concerto - for piccolo trumpet and wind ensemble Joshua Ganger, piccolo trumpet. premiere date: November 8, Indiana Wesleyan University Commissioned by Josh, and a consortium of many universities and individuals
Symphony #2 for Wind Ensemble The United States "President's Own" Marine Band. premiere date: December 14, 2016, Midwest Clinic Commissioned by the US "President's Own" Marine Band, Colonel Jason Fettig, director)
- Cantata on "In Flanders Fields" for soprano, tenor, children's choir and orchestra. premiere date: November 6, 2016, Congregation Shaar Hashomayim - featuring the McGill Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Roi Azoulay Commissioned by Shaar Hashomayim
- Trio for woodwinds (flute, clarinet, bassoon) Commissioned by Bryan Polacek for the Merit School KGT woodwind trio
- Bass Trombone concerto "The Arch" The St. Louis Symphony, conducted by David Robertson. Gerry Pagano, soloist. premiere date: April 28, 2017 () Commissioned by the St. Louis Symphony
Vast and Curious - re-scored for horn, tuba and wind ensemble Fredonia SUNY Wind Ensemble - directed by Paula Holcomb. soloists Gail Williams and Dan Perantoni. premiere date: April 22, 2017 (+ recording April 23) Commissioned by SUNY Fredonia
in memoriam work for Kent Leslie (former principal horn of the Anderson Symphony) The Anderson Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Rick Sowers. premiere date: February, 2017 Commissioned by The Anderson Symphony Orchestra
Liquid Melancholy (clarinet concerto) - re-scored for classical orchestra Performances scheduled with the Lake Forest Symphony (May 20/21, 2017) and the Chicago College of Performing Arts (CCPA) at Roosevelt University; John Yeh, soloist ) Commissioned by the Lake Forest Symphony
The Storyteller - re-scored for solo trumpet and wind ensemble Commissioned for recording by the University of Michigan Wind Ensemble, Michael Haithcock, director
Work (title TBD) for trombone quartet and percussion quartet premiere date: spring 2017 Commissioned by Glenn Williams
this is most certainly true - for wind ensemble premiere: October, 2017 Commissioned by a consortium of 30 wind ensembles, led by James Ripley (Carthage College) - to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran faith
Concerto for low brass (section) and orchestra The Minnesota Orchestra, conducted by Oslo Vanska. Soloists, trombone and tuba section. premiere date: June, 2018 Commissioned as a crowd-funded project, led by D. Wilson Ochoa - in memory of good friend Bill Zehfuss.
Listen To Our Featured Works
Listen To The Music On The Individual Offering Pages and Sound Cloud
Concerto Performer List
Over the years, Jim Stephenson has written concertos for an amazing group of musicians.
Here is a partial listing of the artists who have premiered Stephenson Concertos:
|Violin concerto #1: Jennifer Frautschi||Trumpet/piano concerto: Marc Reese/Lisa Leonard|
|Violin concerto #2: Alex Kerr||Trombone concerto: Nitzan Haroz|
|Flute concerto: Bill Larsen||“Tempest” trombone concerto: Joseph Alessi|
|Oboe concerto: Alex Klein||Triple trombone concerto: Joe Alessi/Pete Ellefson/ Jon Whitaker|
|Clarinet concerto: Dan Gilbert, David Shifrin or John Yeh||Bass trombone concerto: Matthew Guilford|
|Bassoon concerto: Norbert Nielubowski||Tuba concerto: James Jenkins|
|Horn concerto: Gail Williams||Brass quintet concerto: Jacob Cameron et al.|
|Trumpet concerto #1: Jeffrey Work||Triple brass concerto: Charley Lea/Erich Peterson/Daniel Mattson|
|Trumpet concerto #2 (Rextreme): Rex Richardson|
|Trumpet Concerto #3: Ryan Anthony|